Saturday, August 7, 2010

New challenges

Well, for the time being, I'm putting competitions on the back burner.
This will now be my journey with PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
I was diagnosed this past week-- although I've known for some time that something wasn't exactly right with my hormones. I'm hopeful and excited to begin my new treatment plan and feel that because of my healthy lifestyle, I will have great success. I will try and blog about my experience and will give more details about my symptoms and how I eventually was diagnosed. Perhaps my journey can help other women!!!
I'll leave you with some pix from when my folks were here.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, I'll update more tomorrow! :)
Love~
EM




4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have often wondered if I have PCOS as well. I have infrequent cycles and a few other symptoms. I may make an appt with my obgyn. I have concerns regarding getting pregnant in the future.

    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but the two main things to improve the condition, you have covered. Diet and exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! Sad to hear you decided to put the comps on the back burner - but I "get it". This will be an entirely different journey, but you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I hate to hear this i'm eager to know how you battle this. I have a few friends who are going through this and sometimes I think I may have it. No period is one reason.

    Good luck to you Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, I am so sorry to hear of your struggle. But I know that your healthy lifestyle will be a huge help. You are one of the most positive people I know. I have always admired your ability to see the good and make the best our whatever life gives you! I will be thinking of you. Love you lots!

    xoxoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love all questions and comments!!! Love ya!!