Sunday, January 10, 2010

That Which You Hate....

IS THAT WHICH YOU SHOULD DO.

That's the tough love I tell my clients regarding particular exercises they really don't like. For the most part, I believe the reason we don't love an exercise is because we're not good at it/haven't mastered it--Therefore, if you hate it, do it more, master it, and you will no longer hate it.................Insert the beloved BURPEE.
Many variations to this beast of an exercise. Is it strength? Is it Endurance? I can't decide if my lungs are gonna blow up before my quads give out. The variation we did in bootcamp yesterday morning was chest flat on the ground, and explode up into a jump. Think the 'worm' dancemove, because that's what it ended up looking like! :)

Okay, enough on my tangent about burpees. My point is that, yes, I really hate them, but thats because it seems like an un-master-able (new word) exercise!!!!! :) :) But, they sure made for a hell of a bootcamp!
After bootcamp Nicole & I went to ZUMMMMBBAAA!!!!!!!! Fun times! The rest of the day consisted of a nap and our 1st puppy kindergarden class! :) The pups did awesome!!

Today I have already done 1 hour of treadmill walking and will head to Power Yoga this afternoon. Boy does my body need it!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!

love~
EM

2 comments:

  1. I love burpees!!(you know i'm only telling myself that)

    I'm glad to see you on FIRE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new pic! Ha... funny - I had a similar post about my feelings towards Burpees!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love all questions and comments!!! Love ya!!